arlin smithTurn your kitchen into your own personal seafood shack and oyster bar with 120 recipes from the James Beard Award-winning restaurant that personifies the allure of Maine.
From one of the best restaurants in Maine comes a cookbook for easy entertaining and endless coastal-inspired cooking. Built on the pristine ingredients of southern Maine, including the world's best shellfish, Eventide restaurant is renowned for bringing this bounty to the table with a thoughtfully rooted yet experimental and improvisational style of cooking and hospitality. The result is modernized lobster shack and oyster bar fare with distinct additions from Maine's classic "down east" cooking style. Whether you live by the coast or not, you'll love these 120 recipes, including:
• Eventide's famed Brown Butter Lobster Roll on a Bao Bun
• Oysters with Kimchi Ice
• Tuna Tartare with Ramen Crackers
• Family-Style Maine Clambake (with instructions for cooking in your home or in the wilderness)
• Tempura Smelts with Spicy Tzatziki
• New England Clam Chowder with Homemade Saltines
• Smoked Shellfish
• Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Beautiful photo tours of the breathtaking wilds of southern Maine bring this incredible collection to life. Also included are guides to properly buying and preparing seafood and shellfish for unexpectedly easy crudo spreads and raw bar dishes. Through recipes, profiles of local food makers, stories of Maine's foodways and of the seafood that makes the New England coastline so iconic, Eventide is a tribute to the region and an indispensable resource.