Mississippi Blues & Civil Rights
Blues & Civil Rights
Traveling through Mississippi with this guide, you will experience the past, present and future of the blues in museums, at historical sites, at festivals and in juke joints. The deep scars of slavery, racism, segregation and the Black resistance against it can be seen in many places, and is documented in many moving museums.
The guide also leads you to the white sands of the Gulf Coast, along the mighty Mississippi River, to the cotton fields of the Delta and the hills in Northern Mississippi.
New Orleans, Louisiana and Memphis, Tennessee are also
featured — all cities associated with both the blues and
the civil rights movement of Mississippi.
This Odyssee Travel Guide offers:
- Accurate descriptions of known and unknown sights
- Bright, colorful layout that makes it easy to plan
- Nine maps, color photos and a detailed index
- Relevant information about history and society
- Recommendations for live music, festivals, food and
- References to useful websites and apps